Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Playing Barbie Dolls with Rebecca

This is such a cute picture of my sister Rebecca (back) and me (front). I am closer in age to her than any of my other sisters. If I think back to our childhood, and what we did together, the words "barbie dolls" comes to my mind. I don't remember playing barbie dolls with Teresa, but I do remember playing barbie dolls with Rebecca.

My barbie doll house was one level and it opened up and became three rooms. I only had four barbie dolls (Ken, Barbie, Skipper and Growing Skipper). I remember Rebecca's barbie doll house was two levels and it had an elevator on the side. I'm not sure how many Barbie's she had or what they looked like.

I remember we would pull all of our barbie doll stuff out and set it up in the front yard under the carport and we would play for hours together. I think setting everything up and dressing all the barbie dolls was the funnest thing to do. I loved playing barbie dolls with my sister Rebecca.

My mom made most of our barbie doll clothes and she even knitted some of them. I still have all my barbie dolls, their clothes, and some other things (like dishes). I found them the other day and had to laugh at how worn out they looked. I cut Barbie and Skipper's hair short, thinking it would grow again, and I pushed pins into their ears for earrings. I was saving my barbie dolls for my daughter. Looking at them I thought how silly of me, my daughter would never want to play with these ugly old barbie dolls. I still can't throw my old barbie dolls away because they brought back some fun memories for me.

Here is a picture of Teresa with Rebecca and I that was taken on the same day.

My Mom's comments: This picture was taken at Kmart. It was a promo for a camera. Rebecca or you fell off the back of the seat you were sitting on.

2 comments:

Tay said...

So funny!!! My mom still has all my old barbie dolls. Guess who gave me my first ethnic (African American to be exact) barbie doll?? Yup my aunt Yvonne. She gave me an African Ammerican barbie doll, a barbie bed and the Beauty and the Beast VHS!!!! Good times!!!!

Kristin Coppee said...

Oh my gosh! You HAVE to post pics of those old Barbies. That is AWESOME! I LOVED Barbie. My mom gave me her Barbies from HER childhood when I was a kid. She and I have both lamented about how she shouldn't have done that because hers were in really good condition. We ended up ruining hers and they had to be thrown away. MAN! That ticks me off! I wish we still had those things around. Old Barbies are awesome! OK, post those pics PLEASE!